Sunday, December 24, 2023

Sunday Scripture

 


As mentioned last Sunday, I'm doing special Christmas related Sunday Scripture posts throughout December again this year.  Back in 2020 I had worked through Peace, Be Still: A 31-Day Christmas prayer journal, from Women Living Well.  Last year, I used some of my simple study from this book as Scripture posts for December.  I have decided to do so again this year, using different posts on each of my blogs to keep it interesting for all of my readers.  I will take two from each week's study to use one each on my blogs, and maybe next December use more of them.

Also -- note that this simple study does not use the SOAP method as my studies usually do.  This one includes a verse for the day, a thought for the day,  a reflection question for the day and space to write a prayer for each day.  I tended to look at the verse a little bit in depth, and I tended to answer the reflection question in the prayer, but of course you can use these any way you want to. I hope perhaps some of you will want to study out these verses in more depth for yourselves.

Here goes with the study for Week 3, Day 17! 

Verses for the day:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."  (Revelation 1:8)

I chose to look at several other verses in Revelation as well.

 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, and what thou seest, write." (Revelation 1:10-11)

"And He said unto me, It is done.  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.  I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."  (Revelation 21:6)

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, and the first and the last."  (Revelation 22:13)

My study: 

God is the beginning and the ending. 
He is.
He has always been.
He is to come.
He is the Almighty, the Mighty God.
He is in sovereign control.  He has a plan, and His purposes are always for our good and for His glory.

Believer's Bible Commentary tells us:

"The Lord Jesus introduces Himself as the Alpha and the Omega (the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet), the Beginning and the End.  He spans time and eternity, and exhausts the vocabulary of excellence.  He is the source and goal of creation, and it is He who began and will end the divine program in the world.  He is and was and is to come, eternal in His being and the Almighty in power."

Reflection question:

Are you facing something difficult today?  How can you trust Him more, knowing that He is in control and He loves you?

My prayer:

"Dear God, I am so thankful that You are the mighty God who has always been and who always will be.  You are in sovereign control over the past, present, and future.  You have a plan and a purpose in all that You allow, and Your purposes are always, only good.  

"It;s very hard to grasp how the situations we are in as a country can possibly turn out for the best, but Your purpose is good and You are working all things after the counsel of Your own will.  We can trust You complete;ly -- and we do!  I pray in Jesus' name, Amen."

That's the Sunday Scripture for the day.  Hope it was a blessing to you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!