Friday, December 01, 2023

Welcome to my Christmas kitchen!!

 


Come on in!  

The photo above is a scene from my real-life Christmas kitchen, back in 2008.  It's my kitchen island, all decked out with a baking theme.  That's a vintage-y (1990s) Christmas bandanna underneath it all, with two lovely Gooseberry Patch Christmas cookbooks and a dollar store lantern at the back.  Then there's a large Mitford Christmas teacup filled with cookie cutters, along with a cut-out cookie recipe from a dear friend.  The recipe's contained in a Christmas recipe holder given me by a little granddaughter, years ago.  Then there's a box of "ribbon candy" at far right, made from actual ribbon by my daughter Joanna, and in the center of the photo is a box of vintage Christmas light bulbs.

Alas, my island has become laden with things over time (like a breadbox, for example) and so I don't decorate it seasonally as I once did.  If you were to visit today, you wouldn't see this; hopefully you would enjoy some of my other Christmas kitchen decor instead.

I'm glad you're here, though, and for today I just want to encourage you that, if you haven't already done so, it's prime time to begin making those Christmas kitchen lists.  Lists for things like cookie baking, candy making, kitchen gifts, and baking ingredients.  

Here are a few of my lists from years gone by.  Starting tomorrow, I'll be sharing my tentative lists for 2023.

A cookie list

A kitchen gift list


 A candy list

And really, it's also a good idea to make a list of all the extra ingredients you'll need in your kitchen this time of year.  You can read about my list here: Check that pantry!

So start thinking about your lists, if you haven't already.  I'll see you tomorrow in the Christmas kitchen!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I am so happy to be here for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to have you here, Billie Jo! I hope you will enjoy every moment of your time in my Christmas kitchen. I know it's one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you've made me think it's time to get the Gooseberry cookbooks out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!