Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A festive flavor: Peppermint Mocha

 

Image by Terri Cnudde from Pixabay

 Mr. T and I so enjoy this festive flavor, but we hadn't had the opportunity to have it this season.  We usually buy a bag of the peppermint bark flavored coffee rather than using a flavored creamer -- it seems healthier -- and just enjoy this coffee with regular half and half.  But this December we haven't been able to find the flavored coffee in our local supermarkets.  

Back in November I had made a homemade pumpkin spice latte mixture that we really liked.  So considering that, I decided to do a search and see if I could find a recipe for Peppermint Mocha syrup.  And after a little bit of looking -- Yes!  And it has really simple ingredients like coconut milk (I substituted evaporated milk, as the recipe said could be done), baking cocoa, brown sugar, peppermint extract, and salt.

My hubby made up a batch on Saturday night and we tried it out in coffee on Sunday morning.  Excellent!  We found that just an iced-tea spoon full of the syrup (it really looks more like a thick sauce) is enough for a large mug of coffee.  We then add half-and-half to taste, but it doesn't take much since there is already milk in the syrup.

I recommend this recipe if, like us, you are a fan of peppermint mocha flavor in coffee.  (I realize many people are not!)  It can also be made into a latte, but we are just using it as I described.  Hope you enjoy this if you try it!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good idea! even though I do not drink coffee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!