Thursday, December 28, 2023

A creative gift wrapping idea

 


 I needed just one more small gift for our nine-year-old local granddaughter.  I got to thinking about a snack she loves -- Laughing Cow cheese.  I guess there's something about unwrapping those little individual wedges of cheese that she finds fascinating.  So that gave me the idea to get a few packages of Laughing Cow and a box of crackers for that one remaining gift that I needed.

 Unloading the grocery bags at home later, I was struck by something.  The round cheese packages and the rectangular cracker box gave me an idea for wrapping them together and making them look like ... maybe a little girl?  Maybe a snowman?

You know how sometimes an idea can sort of percolate in one's mind?  I found myself thinking about this one in my sleep, and the next morning mentioned it to my husband.  His wheels also began to turn, and you see the result:

A simple felt hat, scarf and mittens combined with a plaid-wrapped cracker box did the trick.  You can't see it, but there's a green jingle bell at the tip of the cap.  

 My hubby used a wooden paint stirrer,  held in place with red duct tape, on the back of the whole construction to stabilize it.  

Rounds of white card stock covered the ends of the cheese containers, and I drew a snowman face on the front one -- there are two packages of cheese here.  I had bought three, but it just wasn't going to fit right atop the cracker box.  So I wrapped the third in tissue paper and tucked into a sparkly tiny gift bag I had.  You can't really see this either, but I cut another green mitten from felt and glued it to the side of the box so it sort of looks like the snowman is "holding" the handles of the gift bag.

This simple gift went over far better than I could have hoped.  Ari had so much fun with it and it really kept her guessing.  (I had put a note on the tiny gift bag saying to open that part last, as it could have given the whole thing away.)  And she was as delighted with the contents of the gift as she was with the packaging.

I have no idea if this might be a wrapping idea anyone else might use, but thought I would share it just for fun!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jan! It was so much fun watching her reaction. Not sure how we will top this next year! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!