Monday, December 04, 2023

Making the tentative candy list

 


Today we'll talk candy lists!  It seems that I always start out with a rather skimpy tentative list and it seems to grow longer by the day as I remember old favorites or see new recipes I want to try.

Heavenly Delight needs to go on the top of any candy list that I make.  It's a wonderful  Double Decker Fudge, with chocolate and peanut butter layers.  Two batches of that have already been made, in November!

Chocolate-Dipped Orange Slices are simply orange slice candies, the kind that are sort of like gumdrops, dipped in melted dark chocolate.  If you enjoy those chocolate oranges, the kind shaped like a real orange, you will love these.

Special Holiday Fudge is a dark chocolate fudge filled with walnuts and raisins.  It tastes like a Chunky candy bar and is a real favorite with some people.

Arlene's Easy Fudge  is super easy and stirs up in a jiffy -- and has a fantastic flavor!  It's one we always like to make with the grandkids.

We tried  Easy Salted Caramel Fudge for the first time last year.  Another super easy recipe that was a hit at our candy-making session with the grands!

And of course it never fails that I find at least one new recipe that I want to try.  As I was paging through an old December issue of Taste of Home, I spotted this Chocolate Caramel Candy recipe.  

 

This candy is said to taste very much like a Snickers bar.  So now my hubby wants to make a batch for his former boss, who loves Snickers.  We will see!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness! Thank you! The chocolate peanut butter fudge is going on our list today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooohhh.. they all look so goood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!